POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo support : Re: Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo support Server Time
17 Jun 2024 03:13:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ingo's Make Mesh include with udo support
From: StephenS
Date: 30 Jan 2004 13:31:09
Message: <401aa2ed$1@news.povray.org>
> I tried it out for a while and it looks like it could be pretty useful.
> Will
> it only work with objects that have a special include file written for
> them?
From what I understand, Yes.

> I would be interested in being able to convert a heightfield to a mesh.
A regular heightfield can already be converted into a mesh. A heightfield
wrapped around a cylinder can be done.

For example:
Create a new file based on p_crackle_cylinder.pov demo scene.
Adding the function

#declare Name= function {
  pigment {
    image_map {
      png "blurred name.png"
       interpolate 2
    }
  scale <-2.5,-2.5,1>
  translate <.5,1,0>
  }
}

and changing the part of the function affecting the radius
from
Crack(u,v,0).gray
(Name(u,v,0).gray+10)/10 // scale to avoid divide by 0

'blurred name.png' is a file made in a paint program, simple text with a
blur effect applied.
Sample pictures at
http://www.ottawa.net/sshonfield/Gallery.htm

Stephen